Click Here for a downloadable PDF –> Grace Covenant Ministry Support Assistant
GRACE COVENANT CHURCH
Ministry Support Assistant
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and no longer than two-page (single spaced) paper addressing the following: 1. Share with us briefly your journey of faith.
2. Share why you feel called to apply for this job.
3. Share what in the job description most excites you.
4. Share what in the job description you think will be most challenging. Applications will be accepted through Mar 20, 2020 or until position is filled. Applications should be sent to Doris (email@example.com).
Primary Objectives: To provide ministry support to Grace Covenant Church pastors and staff to helpful fulfill the overall mission, vision, and objectives of Grace Covenant. Reports To: Director of Administration Employee Status: Part-time (20-25 hours/week) Duties and Responsibilities:
- • In collaboration with the Senior Pastor and Director of Administration, implement Grace’s marketing and communication strategy to best inform and promote the ministries, mission, and happenings of Grace Covenant.
- • Sort mail and put in appropriate staff/ministry leaders’ box. Also assist ministry leaders with mailings as appropriate.
- • Maintain filing system as needed for business operations.
- • Process Building Use requests and maintain Building Use schedule and update as needed.
- • Process Van Requests
- • Regularly update records in servant keeper, including attendance and congregational contact information.
- • Look at Connection Cards weekly and send out prayer requests when requested to share with the congregation. Send requests to Pastor and Prayer Team as appropriate.
- • Appropriately handle and/or disseminate other Connection Card requests.
- • On a weekly basis prepare, print, and assemble worship guide and connection cards.
- • Put together usher clipboard for Sunday mornings (attendance sheet, attendance count and offering sheets).
- • Maintain a monthly schedule of ushers, greeters and communion servers. Contact them as appropriate for reminders.
- • Monitor supplies for office/janitorial/media center/copier and place orders when required.
- • Check phone messages and email and forwards messages to appropriate person.
- • Maintain record of keys issued to individuals and when they are returned
- • Change outside sign as needed.
- • Schedule sprinkler turn on/turn off and repairs.
- • Assist walk-ins as needed and appropriate. Assist callers with felt needs issues.
- • Work with pastor/Fellowship team for funerals & weddings. (Calendar, media person, set up, logistics, shopping/meals, tear down, cleaning person).
- • Other duties as assigned by Director of Administration.
Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- • Must be skilled in written and verbal communication and marketing.
- • Must be able to represent Grace Covenant Church in a diplomatic, courteous and polite manner.
- • Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Social Media platforms and willingness to learn Mailchimp, ServantKeeper, and other computer databases and marketing platforms.
Other Requirements: Must have professed a personal relation with Jesus Christ and willingly exemplify the values of Grace Covenant Church.